It’s been awhile since we had a recipe posting, but we’ve been saving this savory low-carb, recipe for Spring. We use a vegetable spiralizer (found in local home goods store or on Amazon). A vegetable spiralizer is definitely a safer alternative for your fingers to a mandolin slicer. If you don’t have the tools, you can chop the zucchini into thin slices with a knife and still serve a great meal.
Zucchini Noodles with Meat Sauce (247 calories per serving, 23 g of carbs)
|93% lean beef, 2 lb||1379 calories|
|Zucchini, 12 large, washed||648 calories||80 grams|
|Tomato sauce, canned, 28 oz||227 calories||52 grams|
|Tomato paste, canned, 6 oz||139 calories||32 grams|
|Onion, 1 medium, minced||46 calories||11 grams|
|Parmesan cheese, grated, 1 tsp (optional)||10 calories per serving|
|Water, 3/4 cup|
|Garlic, minced, 2 tsp|
|Oregano, 2 tsp|
|Sugar, 2 tsp||32 calories||8 grams|
|Salt, 1 tsp|
|Basil, 2 tsp (fresh or dried)|
|Black pepper, ½ tsp|
1. Combine ground beef, onion, garlic, oregano, basil, sugar, salt, black pepper, and 1/4 cup of water in a large saucepan on medium heat.
2. Stir to crumble and brown the meat.
3. Stir crushed tomato, tomato paste, and 1/2 cup of water into the pan until a rolling boil. Simmer on low and stir occasionally for another 5-10 minutes.
4. While the meat sauce is simmering, use a vegetable spiralizer to turn the zucchini into noodles.
5. One zucchini (33 calories, 6 g carbs) will yield about 2 cups of zucchini noodles. A serving is 3 cups of zucchini noodles. Spiralize the zucchini into desired thinness. You may want to request for help from an experienced taste tester.
4. In a large microwave-safe bowl or plate, microwave the zucchini for 2-3 minutes on high for every 3 cups you plan to serve.
5. Combine zuchinni noodles with 8 oz of meat sauce. Add on a tsp of grated Parmesan cheese if desired. Serve and enjoy!
Each serving is under 300 calories, which works with both the HCG and phentermine diet plan.