We know you’ve been working hard to achieve your weight loss goal, but we want to make sure that you know that food does not have to be boring. Since it’s still warm out for a few more weeks, you can light of the grill and give this recipe a spin. Grilled shrimp on skewers is great for anyone who likes seafood, especially those who are on the rapid weight loss HCG diet plan since you get 8 oz of pure protein with 3 cups of low calorie vegetables and tomatoes. No oil required for this lean dish.
Grilled Shrimp on Skewers
|Large shrimp, 1 lb raw||450 calories|
|Romaine lettuce, 6 cups||48 calories||9 gram|
|Roma tomatoes, 2 medium||70 calories||14 gram|
|TOTAL||568 calories||23 gram|
*Large shrimp are usually made up of 26-30 shrimp per pound. Each shrimp is approximately 14 calories.
|3 cloves of garlic, minced|
|½ tsp seasoned salt|
|2 tbsp vinegar|
|¼ tsp pepper|
|1 slice of lemon|
|2 sprigs of rosemary (optional)|
- Chop 1 Roma tomato into small pieces for the salad and set to the side.
- Mince and crush the other Roma tomato with a spoon to make a sauce for the shrimp. Add in crushed garlic, seasoned salt, vinegar, pepper, lemon, and rosemary.
- Combine the shrimp and stir in the sauce.
- Turn on the grill to preheat the grates. Apply a small bit of oil with paper towel to the grates to prepare a non-stick surface.
- String the shrimp on the skewers and set on a plate.
- Transfer the skewers to the grill. Cook each side for 3-5 minutes on medium high heat or until pink. (Usually you would want to soak your wooden skewers, however the short cooking time for this recipe makes it unnecessary to do so.)
- Place the skewers on a plate and serve with Romaine lettuce with chopped tomatoes. You can sprinkle a tsp of Basalmic vinegar as dressing with minimal calories added.
284 calorie meal with 56 grams of protein and 12 grams of carbs