To make an appt, call or schedule an appointment online hereElevation Medical Weight Loss of Pittsburgh & Weirton 2350 Noblestown Rd. Pittsburgh, PA 15205 (412) 304-2016 1130 Perry Hwy, Pittsburgh, PA 15237 (412) 847-8083 241 Three Springs Dr. Weirton, WV 26062 (304) 914-3112
Whether you have been losing weight for a few months or a few years, if your weight loss has recently stalled there are some things you can try to get things moving again. Here are a few tips on how to break the plateau and start achieving results again:
- Increase protein intake. Try to aim for 75 gram of protein for women and 150 gram of protein for men. Lean protein shakes are OK to supplement your intake.
- If you haven’t already started tracking calories, start using an app like MyPlate Calorie Tracker for iPhone or Android.
- Get more sleep. Most people need at least 7 hours of sleep a night, and more so if you exercise. Lack of sleep throws off hormones like cortisol which make it harder to shed stubborn fat.
- Start a weight training program. By increasing the calories you burn all day a weight lifting program may very well help you start losing again. If you are inexperienced, you can start by doing body-weight exercises and working your way up.
- Drink more water. We recommend a gallon of water (128 oz) daily for most patients. This is important both if you take our appetite suppressant medication or doing the HCG injections. You are allowed to have unsweetened tea or sugar-free water flavor packets, such as Crystal Lite, or another low-calorie flavored option.
- Consider adding on the B-12 and Fat Burner (Lipotropic) injections and check-in weekly for some feedback. If you are low in Vitamin B or certain amino acids, it can cause you to stall on your progress. Also, by visiting for weekly weigh-ins, we can provide some suggestions on how you can continue to lose.
- Lastly, try to have a nice meal. Some people find that by going high calories for a day, especially after 6-8 weeks of intense calorie deficit, they will start losing again. A reason for your plateau may very well be that your body just needs a “refeed”.
Hopefully, these 7 tips can offer some help. Let us know what works for you!