To make an appt, call us at (412) 304-2016 or schedule an appointment below: Elevation Medical Weight Loss 2350 Noblestown Rd. Pittsburgh, PA 15205
Today we have a low-carbohydrate recipe for crispy baked chicken without the breading. The outer coating consisiting of parmesan and spices will be baked and then broiled to crunchy bites. We love to bake in colder weather to heat up the kitchen. It’s a fairly simple recipe to make and not a lot to clean up.
So we found some broccolini at the market the other day. Broccolini is a cross between Chinese broccoli (kai-lan) and American Broccoli. The taste is sweeter, more tender and crisper than that of broccoli. 8 stalks of broccolini is 35 calories with 6 grams of carbs.
To reiterate, all of the recipes at Elevation Medical Weight Loss are gluten-free and low-carb. This meal will work well with both the phentermine and HCG diet, if you are a fan of chicken.
Recipe serves 6: 2 tenderloins per serving (5 oz lean chicken total)
|Chicken tenderloins, 2 lb (usually 12 strips)||1100 calories|
|Butter, 1/4 cup or half a stick of butter||407 calories|
|Parsley, 2 tbsp minced|
|FOR THE TENDERLOIN COATING|
|Grated parmesan cheese, ¾ cup||323 calories||3 gram|
|Oregano, 1 tbsp dried|
|Garlic powder, 1 tsp|
|Salt, 1 tsp|
|Pepper, 1/2 tsp|
|Cayenne pepper, a pinch|
|FOR THE BROCCOLINI|
|Broccolini, 1.5 – 2 lb||350 calories||60 g|
|Vegetable/Canola oil, 2 tsp||80 calories|
|Oyster sauce, 1 tbsp||9 calories||2 g|
|Garlic, 1 tbsp minced|
Total calories for 6 servings
65 g carb
|TOTAL CALORIES PER SERVING
Recipe serves 6
|378 calories||11 g carb|
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Combine ingredients for the chicken tenderloin coating (Parmesan cheese, Oregano, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper) in a bowl and stir to mix. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe shallow pan for 60-90 seconds in microwave.
- For the broccolini: in a large pan on medium heat, add 2 tsp of vegetable/canola oil and add in 2 lbs of broccolini with 1/2 cup of water. Stir in minced garlic and 1 tbsp oyser sauce. Let steam for 10-12 minutes or until desired softness.
- Line a baking pan or sheet with aluminum foil to reduce clean up.
- Dip each strip of chicken tenderloin in the melted butter, then dip into the Parmesan and spices coating. Shake off coating excess back into the bowl. Place tenderloins on baking sheet or pan.
- Repeat steps to coat all of the tenderloins. Sprinkle minced parsley on top. Place pan into oven to bake at 425° F. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Check on the broccolini to see if it’s cooked to your desired liking. Turn off heat and let sit.
- Check on the chicken tenderloin. Chicken tenderloins does not take too long to cook, you may use a steak knife or fork to check the middle to see if it’s done.
- Switch the oven to high broil. Use a pair of good mittens to move the baking rack to the very top. Allow 1-2 inches between the chicken tenderloins and the fire for broiling. Broil for 5-7 minutes until coating appear crispy without being burnt (black).
- Turn off broil and remove chicken tenderloins from oven.
- Serve chicken tenderloins with broccolini (8 stalks is around 3 oz). If you have extra calories to spare, the chicken goes very well with a few tablespoon of salsa, another recipe found HERE.
The meal is a little over 5 oz of protein, 378 calories with 11 grams of carbs. Enjoy!