We love to cook on the grill because it is both a quick and easy way to prepare a tasty meal that any family can enjoy. You can make grilling a part of your healthier lifestyle by trying out new recipes from common food items that you like, such as the one below:
Grilled Chuck Steak
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes
|Chuck steak, 8 oz||293 calories||48 g|
|Romaine lettuce, ½ head||53 calories||4 g||10 g|
|Strawberries, 4 large||23 calories||5 g|
|Montreal Steak Seasoning|
|TOTAL||369 calories||52 g protein||15 g carb|
- Turn on the grill to pre-heat.
- Rub a generous amount of steak seasoning on the chuck steak. We prepared 2 large cuts of chuck steak, roughly 5 lbs total as meal prep for the week.
- Grill on medium for roughly 7-10 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness.
- Transfer chuck steak to a cutting board to allow to cool.
- Use a fork to hold on to the steak and use a serrated knife to slice into thin cross-sectional pieces for serving.
- Serve with half a head of romaine lettuce and strawberries for a low-carb, high protein meal.