What to do when you have an extra dozen of eggs in the fridge and about 40 minutes? Turn them into a tasty meal by adding some spices and condiments.
Super Easy Deviled Eggs
Prep time: 15 min Wait Time: 20 minutes Cook time: 10 min
|12 large eggs||880 calories||76 g||5 g|
|1/3 cup real mayonnaise||480||1 g||1 g|
|1 tbsp yellow mustard|
|½ tsp paprika|
|1/3 tsp ground pepper|
|1/3 tsp salt|
|TOTAL||1360 calories||77 g protein||6 g carb|
**recipe makes 24 deviled eggs. Serves 4. Each serving is 6 pieces, containing 340 calories, 26 g protein, 1.5 g carb. Each deviled egg piece is 56 calories. **
1. Place eggs in a large pan and cover completely with an extra inch of water on top. Turn on high heat, cover with lid.
2. Bring to a hard rolling boil. As soon as the water looks angry, turn off the heat and let the eggs sit for 12-15 minutes with the lid on top. This will make the perfect hard boiled eggs.
3. Carefully drain hot water down the sink. Submerge the eggs in cold tap water to cool. Drain, then cover the eggs with a generous amount of ice for 3-5 minutes for further cooling. 4. Drain the ice and water. With the lid on, roll the eggs around vigorously to crack the shells. See video.
5. Slice the eggs in half. Put all the egg yolk in a quart-sized ziplock bag. Mix in mayo, mustard, paprika, salt and pepper. Squeeze the bag to blend the mixture.
6. Cut a corner of the ziplock bag and squeeze the yolk mixture on the half egg. Sprinkle on paprika/chili powder and serve.